Today, we're closed. See all hours.
table of contents
Location1100 Whites Rd Pickering, ON L1V 6K7 Get Directions
- Accessible Pool Facilities
- Picnic Sites Available
- Pets Permitted on Leash
- Petticoat Creek is now closed for the season. Opening May 19, 2018.
Enjoy the outdoors at Petticoat Creek Conservation area, with inviting pools and a splash area to cool off, picnic sites to gather with friends and family, and the Waterfront Trail to experience Lake Ontario.
Petticoat Creek Conservation Area offers a unique natural corridor for wildlife to live or travel along the creek towards Lake Ontario. It is home to 69 types of trees, including willows, oak, birch and pine, and a wide variety of wildlife, notably white-tail deer, fox, red tailed hawk, rabbits and squirrels.
Petticoat Creek Conservation Area Pool and Splash offers clean and safe water fun for kids of all ages.
- Fully accessible, 1,600-square-metre pool with beach entry, 800-person capacity.
- Splash pool and water play area with interactive water features.
- 1,000-square-metre splash pad with passive and interactive spray effects.
- State-of-the-art water conservation technology.
- Located in natural park surroundings.
Pool Hours: Weekdays 10 am – 6 pm and Weekends 10 am – 7 pm (weather permitting) from June 24 to September 4, 2017 MORE INFORMATION & WATER SAFETY RULES
Pool Centre upgrades supported by the Government of Canada through the Canada 150 Community Infrastructure Program.
With 6 picnic sites located throughout the park, Petticoat Creek Conservation Area can easily accommodate groups both large and small. Our friendly customer service representatives will help you determine the best site for your group. For more information, visit www.picnics.ca.
The Waterfront Trail running through Petticoat Creek Conservation Area is part of the 730-kilometre Lake Ontario Waterfront Trail, extending from Niagara-on-the-Lake to the Ontario-Quebec border on the St. Lawrence. The Waterfront Trail within Petticoat Creek offers some of the most panoramic views in southern Ontario. If you are visiting make sure you stop at the Waterfront Trail bridge that crosses the creek for a beautiful view of the conservation area. Visitors can enjoy incredible views of Lake Ontario from the top of the bluffs — the perfect spot to visit in the summer to enjoy the mild breezes off Lake Ontario.
During the summer months, Petticoat Creek Conservation Area plays host to numerous day camps and day cares. We offer an ideal location with many shaded areas, picnic shelters for lunch and snack times, open fields for sports and plenty of washrooms. Special permit pricing applies.
For more information, date availability or to book an appointment to visit the facilities, please call 416.667.6295
- Pool facilities are barrier-free.
Pets are permitted at most Toronto and Region Conservation areas. However, to ensure everyone’s safety and enjoyment, we do insist that:
- Pets are kept on a leash no longer than 2 metres at all times.
- Owners clean up after their pets.
- Pets are not permitted in the Aquatic or Visitor Centres.
- A maximum of three pets per person/family.
- Pets are never to be left unattended.
For more information, please read our Domestic Animals Policy.