The procedural manual provides detailed information about TRCA’s review procedures and submission requirements as part of the development review process. It includes a consolidation of all of TRCA’s standards as outlined in technical checklists and guidelines. This document is meant to further improve our working relationship with our member municipalities, the development community, and the public.
TRCA is committed to improving the delivery of all programs, including our planning and regulatory functions. To this end, we have created a Planning and Development Procedural Manual, which was endorsed at Authority Meeting #7/07, held on September 28, 2007, by Resolution #A 196/07.
The Procedural Manual provides:
- A comprehensive summary of the legislative and policy framework that guides TRCA’s decisions and actions with respect to our planning and regulatory responsibilities.
- Clarity and transparency around our review procedures and submission requirements.
- Guidance for all types of applications and highlights the importance of preliminary consultation.
- An outline of TRCA’s planning and permit fee schedules.
- Information on targeted review timelines for the various types of applications.
- Links to all TRCA technical checklists and guidelines
The Procedural Manual is not a policy document, but rather a guidance document of current procedures and practices. The Manual is a “living document” that will be updated on a periodic basis to reflect any procedural issues related to updated technical practices or legislative changes.
Submission Guidelines/Checklists & Technical Guidelines
Master Environmental Servicing Plans
- Geotechnical Engineering Design and Submission Requirements
- TRCA Meander Belt Width Delineation Procedures
Design and Planning Guidelines
- TRCA Field Staking Protocol
- TRCA Environmental Impact Statement Guidelines
- TRCA Guideline for Determining Ecosystem Compensation
- TRCA Valley and Stream Corridor Crossings Guideline
- TRCA Evaluation, Classification and Management of Headwater Drainage Features Guideline
- Channel Modification Design and Submission Requirements
- TRCA Forest Edge Management Plan Guidelines
Stormwater Management Guidelines
- TRCA Stormwater Management Criteria Document (includes Water Balance for natural features and water balance for groundwater recharge)
- TRCA Wetland Water Balance Monitoring Protocol
- TRCA Wetland Water Balance Risk Evaluation
- TRCA Low Impact Development Stormwater Management Planning and Design Guide
Site Management Guidelines
- Erosion and Sediment Control Guideline for Urban Construction
- (Abbreviated) Erosion and Sediment Control Design and Submission Requirements
- Preserving and Restoring Healthy Soil: Best Practices for Urban Construction
- Post-Construction Restoration Guidelines