LocationAllbright Rd and 6th Concession Rd Uxbridge, ON Get Directions
East Duffins Headwaters is a protected natural area on the Oak Ridges Moraine near Uxbridge. This forest is a growing natural feature and with your help will be enjoyed and appreciated by future generations.
Toronto and Region Conservation owns this environmentally significant 1548-hectare forest located in the Duffins Creek Watershed. A mixed deciduous and coniferous forest, it serves many important environmental functions, including:
- Providing habitat and food supply for a variety of birds and wildlife.
- Improving air quality by producing oxygen.
- Cleaning the water entering Duffins Creek and replenishing ground water storage.
- Limiting potential floods.
- Protecting fragile slopes and stream banks from eroding.
The Ontario Heritage Foundation owns approximately 72 hectares of land, situated between Walker Woods and Glen Major Forest, which TRCA manages. This property provides a strategic natural heritage corridor linking the two TRCA-owned properties. Got a question? Email Matt Kenel, Project Manager, Restoration and Infrastructure, or call 416-661-6600 x 5325 When exploring the East Duffins Headwaters, please respect all Toronto and Region Conservation sign information. Help us protect this important natural resource.