G. Ross Lord Dam Emergency Preparedness Plan
Public Outreach Meeting Feb 5, 2018
Agricola Lutheran Church, 25 Old York Mills Rd, Toronto
Monday, February 5, 2018 from 6:30 – 8:30 pm
On Monday, February 5, 2018 Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) hosted a public outreach meeting for the G. Ross Lord Dam Emergency Preparedness Plan. Residents living downstream from G. Ross Lord Dam along the West Don River were invited.
The purpose of the meeting was to educate and inform the public about the G. Ross Lord Dam Emergency Preparedness Plan and general flood readiness, and also give participants a chance to ask questions.
Over 70 people attended the meeting including local residents, Councillor Jaye Robinson, staff from TRCA, City of Toronto Office of Emergency Management, and Toronto Police Services (TPS).
The format of the meeting consisted of a 30-minute public open house with 10 informational panels with project staff alongside to assist with answering questions. The open house portion of the meeting was followed by a presentation by TRCA Flood Risk Management and Flood Infrastructure staff and an hour-long facilitated question and answer period.
Q & A – Questions of Clarification and Responses
- Get to know more about TRCA Flood:
- TRCA Real-time Monitoring (gauges)
- G Ross EPP Materials
- City of Toronto: Emergency Preparedness
- City of Toronto: How to Prevent Basement Flooding
- Emergency Management Ontario
- Public Alerting in Ontario
- Alert Ready: Emergency Alert System
- Insurance Bureau of Canada: A Guide to Residential Water Damage and Flood Insurance
- See also: Insurance Bureau of Canada
- Flood Ready