We have some exciting Canada Day events happening on July 1 in celebration of Canada’s 150th. All events are free admission and are full of family fun activities!
Caledon Canada Day Event at Albion Hills Conservation Area
4:00 pm – 11:00 pm
This year Caledon will celebrate Canada’s 150th with lots of entertainment, interactive activities, on site demos and educational booths.
Some highlights include:
- Visit from Mayor Allan Thompson, Sylvia Jones, MPP Dufferin- Caledon and David Tilson, Conservative Incumbent Dufferin- Caledon
- Stage shows starting at 4:00 pm (magic show, interactive theater production and live music)
- Food trucks
- Wood carvers
- Dog performance
- Fireworks at 10:00 pm
For more information, please visit https://trca.ca/caledon-canada-day-celebrations/
The City of Vaughan Canada Day Event at Boyd Conservation Area
12:00 pm -10 pm
Free shuttle buses departing from various locations in Vaughan
The City of Vaughan has an exciting and entertaining show planned for Canada Day featuring live music, delicious food and family friendly activities.
Some highlights include:
- Official welcome with Mayor Maurizio Bevilacqua, P.C and members of council at 5:15 pm
- Arts, crafts and interactive activities
- Inflatables and mechanical rides
- Photo booth
- Food zone, business zone
- Bike valet (valet park your bike and receive a $5 food voucher)
- Live musical performances including the headline performance by Coleman Hell at 8:45 pm
- Laser show finale
For more information, please visit https://www.vaughan.ca/events/canada_day_celebration/Pages/default.aspx
Black Creek Pioneer Village
Party Like its 1867
Canada Day Weekend at Black Creek Pioneer Village
July 1: Free admission for all. 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
July 2 & 3: Free admission for kids (14 and under.) 11:00 – 5:00 p.m.
We invite you to Party Like its 1867!
Experience the excitement of a 19th century carnival as performers juggle fire, attempt daring feats of strength and amaze you with unbelievable magic tricks. With musicians, theatrical performances and carnival games, this is an event not to be missed.
- Pop-up exhibits highlight the fads sweeping the (new) nation.
- Join TRCA Archaeology in “Digging up the Past” as they uncover the buried history of Black Creek Pioneer Village.
- Laugh out loud as our History Actors present the story of Confederation. It’s Canadian History. Only funny.
- Explore the village and discover what life was like when Canada became a country.
Citizenship Ceremony, 10:00 a.m. on July 1
Witness 40 new Canadians become citizens. Hosted in partnership with Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada. Judy Sgro, MP Humber River-Black Creek; Mario Sergio, MPP York West; and Anthony Perruzza, City Councillor for York West will be in attendance.
Happy Birthday, Canada! 1:00 p.m. on July 1
Councillor Maria Augimeri, Chair of TRCA, is hosting Canada’s birthday party at Black Creek Pioneer Village. We will celebrate with a short ceremony and, of course, birthday cake!
So what is this Confederation thing anyway? Find out at Pioneer Village this Canada Day weekend!
For more information, please visit https://blackcreek.ca/event/canada-day-celebration/
We hope to see you at one or all of our exciting Canada Day events!