We plan and deliver a variety of events and programs in partnership with residents, schools, neighbourhood groups and local municipalities that educate and engage the public in environmental initiatives.
Durham Region Community Engagement programs cover natural and cultural heritage awareness, homeowner outreach and education, habitat creation and citizen science.
|LOOKING FOR MORE GREAT COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT EVENTS?
SEE THE FULL CALENDAR
Community Engagement in Ajax
Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) works with the Town of Ajax on various environmental programs to engage residents in hands-on activities or workshops.
Community Engagement in Pickering
TRCA stewardship has been active and successful for more than 10 years in Pickering!
In 2008, the City of Pickering, Ontario Power Generation and TRCA approached environmental and community organizations to join together and form a committee called Environmental Stewardship Pickering (ESP). ESP is now an active group in the community that provides leadership and support, and builds awareness for environmental stewardship in Pickering.
Community Engagement in Uxbridge
The southern Uxbridge area covers the East Duffins Headwaters of the TRCA jurisdiction. There is a focus on stewardship with in this area to help residents understand how they can enjoy and protect this important environmental gem.
- Town of Ajax
- Native Plants in Claremont
- Community development Council Durham
- Sustainable Ajax
- Urban Forest Study – Town of Ajax
- Ajax Trails
- St. Andrew’s Community Garden
- Altona Forest
- Pickering East Shore Community Association
- Pickering Horticultural Society
- Pickering Online
- Pickering Naturalists
- Sustainable Pickering
- Exploring Canada’s Trail Capital – Township of Uxbridge
- Community Events – Township of Uxbridge
- Uxbridge Horticultural Society
- Durham Mountain Bike Association
- The Oak Ridges Trail Association
Supervisor, Education, Training and Outreach
416.661.6600 x 5676