The one and a half day training course covers roles and responsibilities, background information, inspecting best management practices, regulations and compliance, and conducting construction site inspections. Participants will have the opportunity to take part in classroom exercises reviewing ESC plans and reports.
The CISEC-Canada program was launched in the spring of 2011 as a partnership between Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) and CISEC, Inc., out of Parker, Colorado. The CISEC program was developed in 2005 and continues to be the leading certification program for inspectors in the U.S. TRCA has partnered with CISEC, Inc. to provide a Canadian version of this highly respected program.
The CISEC-Canada Program consists of a 1.5 day training course, followed by an optional four-hour exam.
- Level 1 exam is for those having less than two years of sediment and erosion control and/or storm water inspection experience seeking a CAN-CISEC In Training (IT) designation.
- Level 2 exam is for existing CAN-CISEC IT registrants seeking to sit for the second portion of the IT exam, having now fulfilled all application qualifications.
- Level 3 exam is for those having at least two years of sediment and erosion control and/or storm water inspection experience seeking a full CAN-CISEC designation.
The course is open to anyone, while registration for the Level 2 & 3 certification exam requires pre-approval by CISEC, Inc. To be approved for the exam, participants must complete an application form illustrating that they have a minimum of two years experience related to erosion and sediment control inspections and have participated in at least one other ESC training initiative in the last four years. Three letters of reference are also required.
Who should attend
Anyone is welcome to attend the training course; however, if you intend to write the Level 2 or Level 3 certification exam you will need to fill out the following application form and submit your 3 references. There is no application to write the Level 1 exam. Please note that all paperwork must be submitted to TRCA by Monday, October 15th, 2018. It is important to also note that a space will not be reserved for you until your online registration is complete.
- Please submit complete application package to: Victoria Kring at Victoria.Kring@trca.on.ca
- Application package is attached below.
You are welcome to download a copy of the Canadian training manual in advance of the course. A hard-copy will be provided to you on the first day of your training.
IECA members are eligible to receive a 10% discount on registration. To register at this discounted price please contact Victoria Kring at Victoria.Kring@trca.on.ca and provide your IECA member ID for membership confirmation.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided
If you are interested in arranging CISEC, or other ESC related, training at your workplace, please contact Victoria Kring at Victoria.Kring@trca.on.ca.
TRCA HST Registration number is 10808 8584 RT001