Environmental Assessment Chronology & Archive
- March 2014 – Notice of Final Submission: Don Mouth Naturalization and Port Lands Flood Protection Project
- December 2013 – Notice of Pre-Submission: Don Mouth Naturalization and Port Lands Flood Protection Project
- April 11, 2011 – Amended Environmental Assessment (EA) for the Don Mouth Naturalization and Port Lands Flood Protection Project
- December 17, 2010 – Notice of Submission: Environmental Assessment (EA) for the Don Mouth Naturalization and Port Lands Flood Protection Project
Environmental Assessment Public Consultation Chronology & Archive
- July 24, 2013 – Don Mouth & Lower Don Lands Environmental Assessments: Notice of Public Meeting and Meeting Materials
A public forum to learn more about the DMNP and LDL EAs as they go through the amendment process.
- January 27, 2010 – Rise of the New Don P.I.C
A discussion of the history and current status of the Port Lands, as well as an update on specific components of the EA framework, including potential effects, adaptive management, and construction phasing strategy.
Summary of Comments
- May 9, 2009 – Rise of the New Don & Lower Don Lands P.I.C
Presentation and feedback session on the preliminary concept design for the DMNP.
- May 24, 2008 – Don Narrows Workshop
Workshop to identify opportunities for naturalization of the Don Narrows, as part of the DMNP.
- March 29, 2008 – Public Presentation, Discussion, and Drop-In
A public information and question session regarding key aspects of the project, including background on the Lower Don Design Competition and the integration of the winning team’s design into the DMNP. A preliminary preferred alternative was also presented for public feedback.
- December 5, 2006 – Public Forum #3 & Open House
A public forum to provide updates and seek feedback on the list of alternatives considered for redesigning the Don Mouth, evaluation criteria to assess those alternatives, and progress on related projects.
- October 14, 2006 – Port Lands Boat Cruise & Site Walk at the Mouth of the Don River
An interpretive site walk of the Don River and informational boat cruise aboard the Island Princess.
- January 10, 2006 – Public Forum #2
A presentation and public feedback session on the key elements of the draft Terms of Reference for the DMNP.
- September 7, 2005 – Community Working Session #3
An overview of why and how evaluating methods are used in an EA, a feedback session on the proposed approaches for conducting evaluations and consulting with the public, and a suggestion period.
- August 23, 2005 – Community Working Session #2
A presentation on the “Alternatives To” and the framework for the identification of “Alternative Methods”, as well as a public feedback session on what additional information should be considered by the Project Team.
- July 26, 2005 – Site Walk of the Don Mouth
Following the Public Working Session #1, an organized site walk around the mouth of the Don River. Eight “Expert Stations” were situated along the walk, with discussion topics ranging from fish and aquatic habitat, flora and fauna of the Port Lands, flood protection, recreation, river management issues, and much more.
- July 25, 2005 – Community Working Session #1
The first community working session aimed at providing a better understanding of the EA process; a presentation on the issues and studies the Project Team will be undertaking; a learning session from the Public on what additional information should be considered; and feedback on the strengths and weaknesses of the study area.
- June 23, 2005 – Public Forum #1
The first public meeting for the Don Mouth project, the purpose of which was to introduce the Project Team and proposed workplan, as well as seek feedback on key elements of the proposed approach.